Thursday, November 4, 2010

I always give my mom a hard time for putting so much emotional attachment on things, like baby clothes or old school papers or every toy we ever owned. But tonight, as I relinquished my Verizon phone of four years I did get a little (*sniff*) sentimental.
x
The first photos on this old, beatup, worn-out clamshell were of a bald little smiley baby. Well, a few smiles and lots of her sleeping. I must have been fascinated with her sleeping. And I remember those days of not working and napping alongside my sleeping beauty, and those were good days.
x
And there are pictures of a little blondie, same size as now essentially, but younger in the face and less serious about the world. So much spunk, even through the crappy picture quality, just beam out of the screen. And she's two, then three, and now four but somehow I think she's captured inside my little time capsule... but not forever.
x
And there was that night in September when it was stormy and I took the last picture of Grandma before we said goodbye for a very long time. And I want to carry her around with me, and flip my phone open with her on the screen to see her smile and here I am tearing up because I guess my mom is right, there is something to sentimental attachment with metal and plastic.

No comments: