Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hot rollers are my new friend, and B's homemade frappucinos (using THIS recipe mostly, and THIS Christmas gift to blend it...thanks Mom and Dad). But this particular morning, no amount of hair volume nor calories in a cup could shake the funk I was in. The gas tank was empty, literally. And I've got this thing in my throat.
x
You see, by 1:00 I had that feeling in your throat, you know? The one you get when you go for a run in the late fall and the air is really cold and your throat burns way down where you suppose your esophagus starts. Ya, like that. But seeing how I haven't been for a run in over two years, I supposed it wasn't a residual of anything like that, and finally surrendered to bed, where I slept for the entire afternoon.
x
When I woke up I found THESE waiting for me with a wonderfully thoughtful note from a friend. And the beans in the crock pot were ready for dinner. I decided the funk was over and gladly sat in the dance studio lobby chatting it up with one of the sweetest people I know.
x
PS - This silhouette of C atop the climbing rocks at the park makes me smile, funk be darned

No comments: