Wednesday, August 25, 2010


During dinner Julia whispered in my ear, "I want you to make me a dolly tonight." Nuff said. A shortage of muslin in my new sewing case meant I needed to head to the fabric shop anyway, and I told her she could pick out a fat-quarter for the dolly clothes. Much to my surprise she chose a stark white fabric with stark white stripes. I wondered for a minute about what that says about her psychological development, but really I mostly just thought about making another doll.
x
She stood beside me for most of the process, and insisted that the doll's eyes be red. We compromised on closed eyes with red lashes, decreasing the creepy factor and increasing my suspicions that she's always going to be 'edgy' and I love that about her.
x
The dolly turned out pretty cute though her head was a bit lopsided. J named her Shelly.
x
PS - The GIVEAWAY ends tomorrow night at midnight, or whenever I go to bed, I'm sure it will be midnight somewhere.

No comments: