Sunday, December 6, 2009

Much like childbirth, the assembling of a 200-page Blurb book last-minute is pain that is quickly forgotten. One would think after last year's insane rush to beat the shipping deadline I would have learned my lesson. I even made a New Year's Resolution to progress little-by-little through the year...did I keep that resolution? Ha.
x
In fact, before the holidays get in the way lets just review how pathetic my resolution keeping has been:
x
1. Let the people I love know that they ROCK. I tried, hopefully they felt it, this will be a carry over to next year - its a good one.
x
2. Cook more - include children. They aren't making anything french yet, but at least they can properly break an egg (sorta) and measure (sorta).
x
3. Keep to our budget vigilently. Thanks to my gallbladder going bust, thus went the budget.
x
4. Complete a triatholon. I'll blame this one on the gallbladder, too.
x
5. Continue to develop my sugar cookie skills. Certainly have not explored this to the extent I had hoped. Haven't had a cookie cutter out in six months. Sigh.
x
6. Work on our yearly Blurb book monthly. Fail. But here it is, all done. (At least a preview of the first few pages).
x
7. Pottytrain the little one. SUCCESS. Finally one I can check off with a resounding - you betcha!
x
8. Pass the PE (Professional Engineer) exam. Postponed until April (types while biting nails...)
x
9. Learn to sew. Fail. I'm not precise or patient enough for this one. At least not yet.
x
10. Get the children to sleep, everynight, alone, all night. Success. Except for the "alone" part. But at least its on our floor and no longer our bed.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hahaha ... so hard on yourself. Shoot for the moon and worst case you land among the stars, right?? You all made it through the year - that has to count for something!!