Sunday, October 23, 2011

One of Carolyn's biggest concerns about living in a hotel was that we could do no baking. No oven, just a two-burner stove top. But today her mind was blown when I introduced her to the beauty of the no-bake cookie!

Of course, we had to overcome the challenge of limited hotel-supplied utensils and cookware. Luckily the non-stick pot fit all the ingredients, and since we had no cookie sheet we had to lay the parchment paper directly on the bottom shelf of the fridge and drop them directly into the fridge... which got the job done!

I love our tiny space, and I love showing the girls that we can be innovative even if we don't have every supply we are used to.

I do not, on the other hand, love the hat Carolyn insists on wearing. It may find its way to the bottom of a deep drawer (cough *trash* cough) very soon. That child is her own person, and I love her for it!

No comments: