Because our new suite life includes cable, the girls have been a bit over-exposed lately to all the cable television holds for children - namely mediocre programming and tons of toy commercials. I don't want to be the mommy who says NO (with that mean pinched face) to my children to every plastic creation ever, but I know they like more than what the TV tells them.
So, in anticipation of a certain someone's seventh birthday (ugh, did I just type that, ouch), I have assembled the following super-compromising gift ideas - she'll love them all, I'll just smile and nod through a few.
1. Moon in my Room - um it's a remote-controlled moon... IN YOUR ROOM! Hello.
2. Pocket Microscope - did my daughter see this and say "gee mom, I would really like to own my own pocket microscope!" No. Will she like to own her own pocket microscope, without a doubt.
3. Sky Umbrella - what is it with kids and umbrellas? Well, this one would make a great photo prop AND my daughter would be on cloud nine.
4. Creationary - its like Pictionary with Legos. Maybe she'll like it, maybe I'll LOVE it.
5. Marble Run - Yes plastic, yes she wants, yes I loved it as a kid too. So this is a win-win-win.
6. Barbie Designable Hair Extensions - at least she has to be creative to make it work.
7. REI Gift Card - this could mean so many things for our little climber, I think her little exploring head might explode when she walks into this store!
8. Knitting Dolls - I have no idea how these work but they are adorable and under $5. I am fairly certain they function as some kind of crafting device.
9. Fur Real Walking Pup - she for real wants this, and I do not get that, but I promised I would add it to her wish list so here you go.