Tuesday, June 7, 2011



This past weekend some very sweet friends invited us to spend a long weekend away from the world (i.e. technology and Cubeville) at a favorite vacation spot of their family - Thousand Hills. It was so fun to watch the girls tube and water ski for the first time, and to flail around in the water and attempt water skiing myself which did not really work out so much. I did manage to pull myself up on the large tube which looked similar to a whale beaching himself (or herself) but it was well worth it as I took several wild rides with the kiddos and am discovering upper body muscles I didn't even know I had. We all came home sun kissed and happy. We have great friends, I am so grateful they shared their secret getaway with us!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Looks like perfect summer fun. I love the one of you and "the girls" on the tube!

Julie said...

thousand hills is where sam and I got engaged. Love that place!