Monday, October 11, 2010

illustration by Gustave Dore
x
I was greeted in the grass with hugs that nearly pulled me over. Which would have been just fine because I missed them, too. Being gone on retreat after a week of business travel turned out to be just plain rotten timing for two little girls and one patient husband, who continued to text me throughout the weekend, "Everything is going great here, just have a good time!"
x
And I did, have a good time that is. It was superb.
x
But nothing beats the homecoming. The stories and kisses and kisses and stories. By the time we sat down to dinner we had moved from Friday stories to Saturday and finally "How was Sunday School?"
x
Julia: "Oh!" (she starts every good story with "Oh!") "It was good. Well, except a girl told me I was bad."
x
"Really!?! She said you were bad? Is that true? Do you think you are actually bad?" I inquired in reply.
x
"No... No, I told her, 'Only wolves are bad.'"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Amazing how kids can always make you smile.