Friday, May 14, 2010

My 3-year-old clamshell cell phone holds some serious treasures in the grainy photographs it has captured. I flipped back through all 140+ the other night and realized there have been many-a-moment captured that I have never shared... and why not? They are just as bizarre and random as anything else I have inflicted on you.
x

1. The recent Paula Deen Cooking post photo of Julia (HERE) shows a miraculous improvement in her smile since the days of being a Mike Wazowski (HERE) look-alike. This is thanks to some serious mouth surgery and dental work because of an enlarged frenum (the biggest the dentist had ever seen in fact). I wish we'd done a before-and-after because truly her mouth looks amazing, like nothing was ever wrong! And her smile is worth every pretty penny we paid! The day of the surgery she was calm-cool-and-collected(-and-drugged, not much just a little to take the edge off) watching Snow White and chillin'.
x

2. My mother-in-law earned the Grandma of the Century award when she agreed to ride the 'tea cup' with Carolyn on the carousel a few weeks ago. Because spinning in circles to loud circus music as flashing lights go round-and-round just wasn't enough for my little dancer, she needed more spin...More twirl! More TWIRL!!! Her Grandma looked a little green afterward but never complained. My girls are very lucky indeed.
x

3. On the shuttle bus to the posh office Christmas party I sat in a soaking wet seat. I didn't know it was soaking wet since my buns were numb from a combo of the freezing cold KC winter and the blood-restricting panty hose I had donned for this fancy occasion. Upon arrival I knew something was up when my dress was plastered to my bum. I hurried to the restroom and tried to dry the dress with the hand drier... thinking it was kind of a funny moment I attempted a photograph of myself (above) until the Division President's wife came walking in and I realized it really was not as funny as I had thought. (It's ok though, I'm an engineer, we're supposed to be awkward, its our nature).
x
4. This is the snow that stood between our front door and storm door on Christmas morning. Literally over a foot of snow INSIDE OF OUR HOME on Christmas morning. I wonder someday if we'll forget the Christmas of 2009 and how freakin' crazy the weather was. And how my parents were stranded for three days, and had to walk home from Christmas Eve mass in a Kansas blizzard. No, actually, I don't think we'll forget.
x
5. I remember nothing about this photo. All I know is, I am so glad I have it!

No comments: