Sunday, February 21, 2010

J and K enjoying Disney, the arrow is pointing to the Smiley bunch enjoying very much as well.
x
It all started Friday with Brandon and Julia falling down the icey preschool stairs. That is to say, this is how my weekend started. Of course, I did not realize there had been a fall until well after Friday night's Disney Live. What with all the commotion of prepping two princesses with blue eye shadow, up-dos, and full gowns I didn't find the time to get a download of his day. So at four a.m., when I woke up for a princess potty break, I realized his breathing was awefully shallow and quick... "Are you ok, you sound kind of weird" I asked. "No, my neck is killing me, I fell down the stairs at preschool today." Bummer, major bummer. {PS - J was fine}
x
The next night at Riverdance - which, time out, was AWESOME beyond words and made me want to stand up straight - I discussed his condition with my Grandma and Mom. They were both quite concerned and sent me home with various remedies, most importantly a heating pad. After explaining the super-humanness of Irish Dancing to him, I propped him up with some pills, heating pads and Tiger Balm. He liked the Tiger Balm best.
x
Sunday brought more icey rainy snowy mess to the already filthy experience that is Kansas City in February. I thought I might cry when I realized I have an incapacitated husband and two children about the climb the walls with cabin fever - but then I thought, don't cry, do taxes. Because nothing calms the nerves like a good four hours on a hard kitchen chair pouring over confusing tax forms while little children ask if they can ransack your dwelling place.
x
Thus ended our icey weekend. Poorer, thanks to Uncle Sam, but one day closer to spring and sunshine and the sweet, sweet beach...wherever you are.
x
PS - Brandon is heading to the doctor this morning to see why the heating pad and tiger balm aren't cutting it. Hopefully they can check for anything serious...

No comments: