Sunday, August 16, 2009


Busy weekends end with busy mommies running busy errands to tie up loose ends on busy to-do lists. Sometimes that means missing bedtime, and thus when I returned home from the last of my to-do's the house was dark. As I snuck into their room though, four eyes peaked over the sheets and wanted a little more cuddle time before the weekend came to an end. They requested I tell them a story - perhaps I could have dreamt something up had it been Friday night, but the creativity is zapped on the eve of another work week - so I suggested a book...the mood seemed too serene to throw on the lights. So we read a sweet book by flashlight, a special treat for a preschooler and actually kind of fun for a busy mommy, too.

1 comment:

Helen McGinn said...

This is the best photograph! I love this.