Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sometimes being a girl is glamorous, notice bikini top
x
Sometimes being a girl is not-so-much, notice mom of two preschoolers...
x
notice ill fitting clothes, notice adult acne*, notice ponytail, notice pitiful makeup , notice dirty glasses, notice unpainted nails, notice expanding wasteline...
x
But also notice smile...
x
and know that I am happy with the very little glamour in my life for the moment...
x
All of this revelation occured as I sat in the bathroom attempting to glamour myself up with a PedEgg before bed - nothing like a PedEgg to give a girl perspective.
x
*And can I just say I love my Grandpa dearly, and even more after he walked right up to me and asked very seriously "You got something for your face!?!" Thinking to myself 'wha-wha-what!?!' he repeated "You got something to put on your face!?!" Wow, ok, we're going there. "I've tried Grandpa, believe me I've tried." "You should talk to Jill, she's got stuff for that" he sweetly suggested. And for some reason this moment has endeared me to my Grandpa. I love his honesty and his genuine concern and did I mention how honest he was.
x
A word of warning for those who may be thinking 'While we're being honest lets talk about your hair for goodness sake' - those were words spoken in love, and I can only handle very little teaspoonfuls at a time.

1 comment:

Melody Milbrandt said...

Oh my I do love this post. And I believe I may love your gpa, too :) (he sounds like he and my gpa would get along famously and incredibly honestly, lol).

P.S.
Btw, I must also mention you are quite loverly (as Eliza Doolittle would say, see "My Fair Lady" for reference)!