Monday, June 8, 2009

Dear Handsome B
c/o Otherside of the World
x
We miss you. The girls miss your cuddles and love and patience and crazy good Daddy wrestling skills. I miss your hands to help and legs to help and patience to help with these sweet but exhausting little children. I miss your love, too.
x
Our short and infrequent phone calls are nothing like the hours you spend daily listening to me and my latest thoughts on whatever I care to be thinking about at the minute. Did I mention I miss you?
x
The girls swam tonight for the first time this year. Carolyn grabbed a 'noodle' and was in the big pool immediately, scoffing at my suggestion that she stay in the 'baby pool'. Becky's husband life guarded and only had to save her once. You might want to buy him a cigar or give him a firm handshake when you get back for that one, I think he pretty much saved her life.
x
Jules was brave too, but happy to stay where I was. She asks about you, and pointed to a plane overhead tonight and said with a sigh, "There's my daddy..." By the time our thirty minutes of frigid swimming was up she wanted to jump off the edge holding on to only my finger.
x
These girls keep me on my toes, and hopefully burning a few of the excess calories I am consuming as part of my self-prescribed therapy...emotional eating is seriously real.
x
Goodnight (well, morning to you) from the other side of this big huge world.
x
You are the love of my life,
K

1 comment:

0812 Lane said...

you should also know that when I dropped aves off this morning the girls were eating their breakfast-I asked Jules where B was and with a heavy sigh said "china". and then just looked away off in a daze. she misses him. so my dad took her mind off of it to say that she can't see him until she finishes her pancakes :) and then I think she was more worried about who was pulling her hair - ava or papa jim.