Saturday, September 6, 2008

We survived...phewf. It was actually a really fun time, and what better weather than a cool early-fall night!?! C and Nathan's enthusiasm was contagious, and Emily's confidence in our tent-raising abilities even convinced this skeptic.
Even in the parking lot C was thrilled, she's my sweet girl
x
The cousins hopping on the safari bus.
x
Go sister! Emily mastered the tent in record time. Which, as a side-note, sleeping in a tent was not terrible. I say 'not terrible' but I also would say that if I don't do it again for another 18 years, that'd be A-OK with me...though I think my Eagle Scout may have other plans. I've slept worse places, but I've definetely slept better.
x
By far the highlight of the evening for my sister was the disecting of the owl pellet (essentially hardened wad of owl puke). If you don't have time to take your own zoo safari but really want to dig through hardened hair and mucus to find mouse bones {and skull if you're as patient and determined as Emily} then you can go to pellet.com - I kid you not.
x
Of course smores around the fire were the highlight for me. Here's Emily and Nathan sitting fireside.
x

Here is little Miss C enjoying her breakfast (notably on the same table as the owl pellet disection from the evening before...yeah) She really had a great time!

No comments: