Tuesday, September 16, 2008

This farmer raised the cow that we are eating tonight. And the only thing more bizarre than me sharing that on my blog, is that I am giddy about it. B and I are reading 'The Omnivore's Dilemma' right now - check it out on my Shelfari (to your right). It is 1) Thick, like cold peanut butter thick, 2) Thorough, the author leaves no argument unmentioned, no food-chain untouched 3) Entertaining, dry but good humor, and 4) Thought-provoking...the best type of literature really. I don't want to become a food-freak, and some of you might be thinking "too late", but I do want to think more critically about what I feed my kidlets. Hence the pound of beef simmering in a veggie stew on my stove right now, was recently shipped the very short distance from Sho-Me Farms in Columbia - purchased in my local Hy-Vee - producing a very big smile on my face, and hopefully happy, healthy kidlets, too.

1 comment:

Ross Christopher said...

next time i'm in town, i'd love to taste your meat.

-ross