Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tonight I made my first focaccia bread. This picture is not what I made. We were so enamored with our own ability to produce bread that we gobbled it right up without the usual photo. It was very yummy though and super simple to make. So I went searching for a nice focaccia photo tonight on the interweb [as Anna calls it] and I stumbled upon this photo on this blog - thekneadforbread.com. Totally cool, I will be paying another visit daily. I haven't tried their focaccia, but here is the one I tried [click here for the recipe]. And here are the instructions I followed [I read in the comments section of the recipe that the instructions were not great, some kind stranger outlined better instructions]:
x
Proof yeast with the sugar and (115 degree) water first for 10 minutes, then add the salt, oil, and herbs. Stir in the flour. Knead for about 5-6 minutes, and let rise for about 40 minutes. Shape the dough into a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and let it rise for 30 more minutes. Dimple the dough with fingers then I brushed on my olive oil, and sprinkl on parmesan cheese. Skipped the mozzarella, but I'm sure it's good that way too. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Delicious!!!

No comments: