Saturday, June 28, 2008

Many of you are going to freak out when you hear where we went tonight...
My awesome cousin, Michael, invited us to his loft for an Obama House Meeting. And yes, we went. And yes, I signed every yearbook in high school with "Vote Republican", so even those in attendance were probably thinking "What the..???.". Is it true that I have "turned hippy" as my dad says? Well, no probably not. I was, however, happy to go. I am so intrigued by what people think, and where they're coming from lately. I know one of my personality flaws is this view of the world as very black and white, and really I am missing so much when I turn off my ears to the 'other side's' point-of-view. Mostly what I've been missing the last ten years or so has been compassion for others, mostly democrats. And another thing I've realized is that neither side is right, shocking really. My issue of choice this year will probably be immigration, as Mexico (and all people whose last hope lies in working in our country to feed their children) is very dear to me. Do I know who I'm going to vote for, probably, but I'm going to keep my mind and heart open.

3 comments:

Andy Lee said...

Welcome to the dark side!

Anna said...

i get to vote in this election! woop woop! we will have to compare views! look at us acting all grown up... :)

Ross Christopher said...

shaking my head in sadness, pure sadness... :-(