Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Per your requests:
x
Katie's Fruit Pizza
x
1. For the dough, mix up Alton Brown's sugar cookie recipe (from the Food Network)
2. Press the dough into the bottom of a pizza pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about two hours
3. Preheat the oven to 375. Bake cold dough for about 19 minutes, or until done
4. While the dough bakes, wash and cut up any berries or fruits you'd like (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and rasberries are favorites), set to dry on a towel.
5. Mix up 1 package of cream cheese with about 1/4 cup milk and as much powdered sugar as you want - until it whisks together to form the consistency you'd like (I like mine about like yogurt)
6. Remove the crust and allow to cool completely
7. Spread the 'icing' over the dough, then place the fruit neatly around the top
x
[In my online research, I found people using everything from actual yogurt to marshmallow cream as their 'icing'. I made this one up with items I had on hand, and it turned out pretty amazing if I do say so myself.]

No comments: