Thursday, May 29, 2008

Friday's Fond Memory
visit to Mexico

I don't know what it is about spring that always beckons me back to Mexico. Perhaps it is the release I feel as winter lets up it's bitter grip. Whatever it is, once again I've got the itch to hop in the car for the 18 hour drive to Mexico...not a time-share or beachfront property, something better. Our visits to Mexico are filled with authentic homemade Mexican, hospitality second to none, and intimate moments with friends. Our next visit will be met with four new babies, perhaps one of the largest factors drawing me back with such urgency. Lulu, had her baby this week, sweet Christian. This picture of her and Carolyn together is from our visit in 2006. She was 14 and in her school uniform the morning we were set to leave. Carolyn fell in love with Lulu, calling her name as she wandered from the kitchen to the living room as Estela prepared dinner. We've known Lulu since she was 9. She came to our wedding. We attended her graduation. We are connected to Mexico, to our friends, and I am ready to get back soon.
x
I am working on a blog - yes another blog, that will be Mexico specific. It is still very early in the development, but it is the realization of something I've had the goal to do for a long time. Check it out, let me know what you think...HOPE FOR ANAPRA

No comments: