Wednesday, January 2, 2008

If you haven't heard about Story Corp,
you should read about it
(here):
x
Since 2003, almost 30,000 everyday people have shared life stories with family and friends in our StoryBooths. Each conversation is recorded on a free CD to share, and is preserved at the Library of Congress. Millions listen to our broadcasts on public radio and the web. StoryCorps is the largest oral history project of its kind. Our mission is to honor and celebrate one another’s lives through listening.
x
Several of these stories have been included in the new book
Listening is an Act of Love by Dave Isay
I gave it to several people as a Christmas gift
and the reviews are rave
My mom said that she can't put it down,
I listened to the bonus CD and was totally enthralled,
even Brandon said it was great...
I highly recommend it,
not to mention a desire to take all of my Grandparents
to record their stories!!!

No comments: