Sunday, October 24, 2010


The weather lessons have concluded. Carolyn can now name the three main types of clouds and tell you what to do in case of a tornado... mostly. As part of the lessons we read books and did other things I shared HERE, but it all culminated on Friday with a visit to the local news station to meet a real meteorologist.
x
Some things we leared (and by we I mean "I" because I was totally diggin this whole thing... totally and utterly amazing):
- Meteorologists get up very early, like 2AM early
- Meteorologists are hilarious, my stomach hurt from laughing so much
- The green screen could occupy children for hours
- Working at a news station is never boring, seriously
- NO cubes!
x
PS - I was able to arrange this through a friend of mine who is a producer for the news station we visited. She very (VERY) kindly gave us a tour and set up our time with Mr. Don.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh you are the cutest mom. You are always doing the coolest stuff with your kids. How ever did you arrange this?