Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother taught the children the joys of Youtube today - and it was glorious. They found Taylor Swift music videos so Carolyn could sing and the children were happy. I looked a bit schluppy because it's Mother's Day and that means Mommy can look schluppy and "fix" McDonalds for lunch - and because it was too cold to do much else than schlup on a sweater and speed through a drive-through anyway.
x
Now it is bedtime and I am trying to transition from schlup mode but it is just so familiar and comfortable, but alas Cubeville beckons and schlupping is frowned on.
x
It is also time to tell my mom that I love her. And I hope that Youtubing with her grandchildren and schluppy daughter was the best way she could imagine spending a blustery Mother's Day in 2010. And I hope she knows I love her so darned much that no cheesy greeting card could really sum it all up. To the moon-and-back as I tell my girls, ya, I love her that much!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day, Katie! I'm glad you were schloopy on your day because that's what you wanted to do!