Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sometimes I get recruited to convince young people that engineering is fun. In order to prove it, I have them build structures with marshmallows and spaghetti...because that is actually what I do all day in Cubeville. I try to make my job sound technical and frustrating for all of my adoring fans (my Mom mostly) but in reality it's just spaghetti and marshmallows. Sitting in my cube, pushing extremely breakable spaghetti noodles into unforgiving marshmallows that collapse under the weight of my squeezing fingers. It's not easy, so sometimes I twitter, too. At the end of the day everyone gets measured and the winner gets a Tootsie Pop.
x
Confused? Me too, it's been a LONG week of spaghetti and marsmallow building.
VERY VERY long and unforgiving.

2 comments:

Anna said...

i knew it!
xo-

Matt and Jen said...

So, teaching not in the future for you??? I am glad there are people like you to o the engineering so that people like me can do the teaching!