Monday, January 11, 2010


Visions of summer on the beach take me away from Cubeville, from the winter just outside the window not visible from my fluorescent nest. To a beach, the nearest of which is a good two-day drive away but who beckons me through the snow.
x
I saw some grass today, it was nice to see, but it was no beach.
x
I want sun on my pale, pudgy-from-too-much-Christmas skin. I want my girls to laugh and run outside the confines of a 10x10 carpeted room. I want to sink my toes into something other than socks, socks and more socks. I want to hear waves crashing, not snow crunching.
x
And, of course, since the beach is far out of reach at the moment - I have set out on a quest. A beach attire quest. So that we will be prepared, should the beach come calling. I am searching out vintage swimsuits, or patterns, and even have found swim caps to complete our vintage beach (imaginery mind-you) outing.
x
a few paterns I have tracked down,
once again I say "I MUST LEARN TO SEW"

No comments: