Friday, January 1, 2010

Thirty seconds before the ball dropped I wiped out on the ice, hard. As I lay in pain staring at the sky I had to laugh. What a fitting end to a fall-on-the-ice sort of year. Mourning a loss, losing a gallbladder, life path indecision, bills, bills, and more bills - many a fall-on-the-ice moments to be sure. Yet, with that last big fall a fresh start comes. Brandon helped me to my feet and we heard the fireworks all around, welcome 2010 and the promise of better times ahead.
x
I think my only resolution this year is to be intentional with my time, with my love, with my money, with my words, with my soul. We'll see.
x
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
x
-- T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

2 comments:

Matt and Jen said...

I love your resolution and should probably capture it myself. I struggle with resolutions just as I struggle with goals... I think they in essence and by reputation set you up to fail. I think that yours is on to something great! I'm going to try to be inspired but don't judge if I just keep avoiding failure!

Katie said...

I won't judge you if you won't judge me ;-)