Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I took the girls to the bookstore tonight in search of something I was needing, but we happily left with a book for them instead. Our house is a fan of pink frilly characters and the fact that this girl actually turns pink after eating too many pink cupcakes was extra fun. The girls smiled and listened and paid close attention - at the end Carolyn told me she will never eat too many pink cupcakes.
x
In fact, I figured everyone enjoys this book until I read the Amazon reviews. Does anyone else out there always feel the urge to click the one-star ratings just to see what's up? Let me just say there are some mighty uptight moms who take children's literature entirely too seriously. I found the same thing after I bought the girls The Five Chinese Brothers. People are crazy uptight sometimes (said the insanely uptight one).

1 comment:

Anastasia Marie said...

Purplicious, the sequel, is also cute.