Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Mommies and Daddies get to do whatever they want!" This was C's revelation tonight, while decked out in a 'gown', hair a mess, chocolate around her lips, all after singing several musical numbers for our dinner-preparation enjoyment. As she skipped off and I looked at the pile of coupons I've clipped, the jeans and very boring shirt I was wearing, the bills I need to pay, the laundry I need to wash, and the dinner I needed to clean up after, I thought "We must make all of these things look terribly fun if she think this is 'whatever I want to do'". The reality is that children get to do 'whatever they want to do' with the exception of cleaning up after themselves and injuring their sister, which sometimes is exactly what they want to do. Funny how kids look at the world, through star-shaped, rose-colored glasses I guess.

No comments: