Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We started off our Labor Day with a run in Madison. C went first, participating in the Tot Trot and doing an awesome job! Not a bit of hesitation at the starting line, she was off and running hard (see photo below). Then it was my turn. After two days of non-stop walking through the beautiful streets of Madison, my legs were less than thrilled with the three-mile-jont that lie before them. None-the-less I embarked on my second 5K. After an initial half-mile through lakeside arboretum I found a cluster of women who seemed to be running a pace I was comfortable with. Judging by their gear they looked fairly serious, so I thought I was good. Given that I stopped for water and walked with Brandon for a bit at my first race, I thought the fact that I ran non-stop this time would shave a good 2 or 3 minutes off my time. No such luck, I finished two seconds slower than last, 34' 12"...d'oh.
x
We headed home after a quick breakfast with my brother. It was sad to say goodbye, but there's always texting, email, Facebook, and the good old fashion phone calls (wireless of course) to stay connected.
x
Then we commenced our 9+ hour drive home, highlights included repeat viewings of Barbie Princess video, not one but TWO Olympic caliber diaper blowouts by J, lunch at in the stinkiest cow-town in Illinois (I didn't even know IL had cow towns), and seeing Brandon's brother and sister-in-law's new house (seriously, this actually was a highlight!) It was a nice break to stop in Columbia for a while for much needed leg-stretching and a late yummy dinner. We rolled into KC a little after 11:30 - and rolled straight into bed.
x
Today was laundry and the girls reaquainting themselves with every toy they've ever owned. It's good to be home.
run C run!!!
(in the pink pants and cute bobbed hair)

No comments: