Sunday, June 1, 2008

We wrapped up the first week of our book study. We did If Jesus Came to My House first. I have to admit it was very hard for me to be disciplined enough to set-aside time everyday for this endeavor. You'd think 30 minutes aren't that hard to find, but they have to be at a time when the girls are not hungry/sleepy/grumpy/antsy or distracted...some days I don't think there are even 5 minutes that fit this criteria! So, basically we did one of the four lessons in full (see above for Carolyn exploring utilizing only black and red ink in her art work, similar to the book's illustrations) and the other two were briefly touched on tonight as we wrapped up the week. We begin Goodnight Moon this week, hopefully something profound will develop - and how could it not? "Goodnight Nobody, Goodnight mush, and Goodnight to the old lady whispering hush" - good stuff!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That was one of my favorite books as a kid, I'm sure the girls will love it. Can't wait to bring my paints and have fun with the girls, I owe them (I get reminded by C every time) ;-)

Oh and yeah, I'll be keeping my fingers away from your face! :-) Not sure I'm ready to have my arms broken.