Sunday, April 20, 2008

On Saturday my aunt and I planned a surprise birthday lunch for my mom. It went off without a hitch, she was TOTALLY surprised! We ate at Hereford House in our own little room, which stifled the hoots-and-hollers as stories were told. Several stories were prompted by the 'game' I created [see above] combining Mom's childhood photos with questions like "What is the craziest thing you've ever seen Peggy do" or "If Peggy was an animal she would be"... It was fun to hear everyone's responses.
x
Some of the highlights included when my mom's friend from nursing school told about how she and my mom teamed up for some extra credit by volunteering to place a GI tube down her throat in front of the class. I was also quite happy when mom's neighbor and mother of seven admitted that she, too, hates opening the windows of her house as it only alerts the neighbors to her children's fits...I was just thinking that!
Here's the group celebrating!

No comments: