Monday, March 3, 2008

Food- one of my favorite topics and pass-times
is the topic of two books I think I would like to read:
x
from amazon:
Examining the question of what to eat from the perspective of health, this powerfully argued, thoroughly researched and elegant manifesto cuts straight to the chase with a maxim that is deceptively simple: Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
and I love the title, I'm all about defending food
x
from O magazine:
You can hardly crack open Simon Hopkinson's Roast Chicken and Other Stories without feeling compelled to turn on the stove...It is idiosyncratic, opinionated, and not at all trendy or health conscious (butter and cream make regular appearances).
I love that at bottom of the cover it says
"The Most Useful Cookbook of All Time"
now that is quite a claim!

No comments: