Saturday, February 23, 2008

[Today at the pool, C stepped off of an underwater bench
and went completely under

B was right there and immediately pulled her up to safety
...fast forward to tonight in the car]

C: I went under the water, but Daddy pulled me up!
K: Yeah, Daddy loves you a lot, he'll always save you
C: What if I was in deep water?
K: Even if it was REALLY deep water

C: What if I went down-down-down-down?
K: He would go down-down-down to get you
C: What if I went down-down-down-down-down-down-down-down-down-down-doWN-DOWN!
K: He would get you then, too
C: He would bring me up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-up-UP!
x
[Made me smile, hope it made you smile, too.]

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You know I used to teach swimming lessons to kids during the summer at the JCC, I did it for four years (a pool I believe you designed as well) If you ever want some free lessons for the girls let me know, I'd love to help them learn to swim :-)