Friday, February 22, 2008

FRIDAY'S FOND MEMORY
It's a Small World
x
This is probably one of my favorite picture ever. In May of '02 my whole family, along with lucky Brandon, went to L.A. to see Disneyland. This was following my mom's brain-tumor surgery and a promise that when she got better we would go. It was a wonderful, hysterical and memorable time. But this photo cracks me up the most, because it was taken on the "Small World" ride at Disneyland. As the picture shows, this is an extremely disturbing ride. You go through endless tunnels surrounded by anamatronic figurines in the most stereotypical ensembles singing "It's a Small World" over-and-over again. My brother and sister were visibly disturbed. The rest of the trip was a blast (though pre-digital cameras) so I scanned all of the pictures tonight and created an album that I've linked to the photo above. I'm setting a goal for myself to scan all of the family photos we've got this year, so that they are no longer in disorganized messes in shoe boxes all over my and my mom's houses...stay tuned.

No comments: