Saturday, February 9, 2008

Friday's Fond Memory
(the family photo)
x
I know I talk about my brother a lot during my Fond Memory sessions. And here it goes again... This photo of me, my folks and my little brother was taken in my grandparent's living room. They had brought in a professional photographer who did a really good job (you know if this if you've ever tried to get a three-year-old and one-year-old to cooperate for a photo). My parent's abundance of hair and glasses crack me up, as do the matching hair-cuts Christopher and I are sporting. I have to say that he has been my best friend since those early days, and I want my girls to have the same thing. We would play together, talk together (well, I'd talk, he'd listen), and fight together (though I don't remember these occasions at all to be honest). My brother is all-grown-up and making serious headway in the world and it is so fun to know I can call him, or he can call me, and we can still play, talk (it's getting more balanced lately) and occasionally disagree (still not very common though). I just have to reflect this week on how lucky I am to have the family that God put me in. Far from perfect, but perfecly mine.

No comments: