Friday, February 29, 2008

Apparently it is pretty common to build structures out of cardboard
and apparently joining two pieces of cardboard is rather tough...
enter Mr. McGroovy's Box Rivets [from the owner/inventer]:
Mr. McGroovy's Box Rivets™ grew out of a project idea from my days as an art teacher. Building box structures is an absolutely great activity for kids, (visit my Learning page) so... when my son turned five and needed a backyard castle for his “knights and princesses” party theme we built it ourselves. The response from parents and other children at the party encouraged me to share this great activity, and the idea for Mr. McGroovy's was born.
x

I am not a big fan of huge cardboard construction projects myself,
but I thought the kits he offers are pretty cool.
x
Then I hear this story on NPR about Creative Play
and how we need to stop buying our kids so many 'realistic' toys
and I begin to wonder if Mr. McGroovy is on to something???

No comments: