Thursday, November 15, 2007

Friday's Fond Memory
(tomorrow is prep day for the big party on Saturday,
so I might not get to my blog until late in the evening
and I want to get this fond memory out before then)
When I was in about 5th grade, my family caravaned to Texas for Thanksgiving. My Aunt and Uncle lived in Beaumont, so we all (14 of us) drove down for the holiday that year. Here we are on the beach, we came dressed for a chilly Midwest Thanksgiving and had to roll up our jeans and borrow oversized t-shirts to stay cool during that day. I have lots of fond memories of that trip, Grandpa getting a speeding ticket as all the grandchildren cried that 'the police were going to take Grandpa away', watching my Grandma make homemade noodles (something I didn't even know was possible), and most special was the fact that the trip was only announced days before we departed, what a wonderful surprise!

No comments: